You Chose To Be My Friend

SO...my birthday isn't actually til' next Saturday but THE CRABB FAMILY happened to be in town just the weekend before! I'm okay with that! :) Wouldn't have wanted to miss it...Jason, Adam, Kelly and Terah were there minus Aaron! They did an awesome job (as usual) and you'd never know they'd ever stopped singing together as a group! They are my favorite southern gospel group around...even though they've all gone on to do separate things I still enjoy each and every one of them and it was good to see them back together again! I was able to get some great pictures and videos and posted below is a video I recorded of an older song of the Crabbs (You Chose To Be My Friend) but not yet released onto any of Jason's albums. I'm pretty sure he said it would be on his next album though! :) It is absolutely one of my favorite songs...think probably my favorite of the night...so hard to decide!




Words and Music by Gerald Crabb
Verse I
You were there for me through it all, when everyone around said that I would fall
You were my friend, you believed in me,
Through the good times and the bad
At times I felt that like You were all I had
You were my friend and You believed in me

Chorus
So You went the extra mile, to prove your love was true
You held out your hands, as they drove the nails in You
When You could have walked away, and turned your back to all my sins
But For me You gave your life Jesus, You chose to be my friend

Verse II
Often like a child so full of fear, you stood by my side and held me near
You were my friend, You believed in me
When my faith grew weak and my strength seemed gone
You took me by the hand and you held me on
You were my friend, You believed in me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trisomy 13 - Dignity and Grace in Life and Death

Thanksgiving at Dollywood