The Bug Collection


It's finally over! I'm sooooooo glad to have all those pests out of my freezer! Fortunately, we had experience from already doing this with Tyler so we pretty much had it down pat. The worst part was actually collecting them. We got lucky with a few or to me not lucky, perhaps it seems God sent them to us! One of the butterflies was just laying there already dead in our yard (it pained me to freeze the live one that Andrew caught) they are so pretty. The dragonfly and the HUGE fly were lying side by side one day right beside the driveway (already dead). The beetles were pretty funny- one night we heard loud clicking noises out on the patio and went to see what all the noise was and low and behold there was the biggest beetle I'd ever seen on it's back jumping all around. Of course Andrew was the one to capture him. The two red velvet ants I found on the same day which we later found out is a wasp that stings really badly. (little did I know) I was spraying away with the bug killer and the darn things just wouldn't die! I finally captured them in baggies. Thank the Lord I didn't get stung. Emily got an A+ 100%- Yah-hoo! We actually still had Tyler's collection and used the same box. He got a A+ 99% because his ladybugs were not supposed to be pinned on paper. Well- we have a good 8 years now before we have to go through this again!

Comments

Delaware said…
Great Job you did butterflies are so pretty

Popular posts from this blog

Trisomy 13 - Dignity and Grace in Life and Death

Thanksgiving at Dollywood