Another year older...

I will forever have fond memories of my 34th birthday! Yikes...am I really that old? Anyways...my dearest sweet husband and I celebrated in Asheville, NC at the Inn on the Biltmore Estate. It was a tad expensive but well worth the memories that money could never give. We arrived at around dinner time Friday evening and were wowed at the beauty of the place. We got our stuff in and then headed to Olive Garden for a delicious meal. Didn't think our GPS would ever get us there but we eventually found it. After that we made a quick trip to the mall that was just down the road and did a little shopping. Migraine was kicking in really bad by about now and unfortunately I had forgot and left my purse in our room so I had no migraine meds. with me. After shopping we headed over to see Extraordinary Measures. It was pretty bizarre that us and 3 other couples were the only ones in the room! :) We then headed back to our room and found our bed covers turned down with chocolate on the bed! :) We had a great night of sleep on a KING size bed! (I want one!) In the morning we headed down for the breakfast buffet with freshly squeezed orange juice. We had the most AMAZING waffles we've ever tasted. After breakfast we headed over on the trolley to the Biltmore House to begin our tour. It was the most fascinating place I've ever been in my life. Absolutely well worth the money and hope we can go back someday when when it's a little warmer and flowers are in bloom. After our tour we rode the trolley back to the Inn and went in and relaxed for a while by the fireplace. We were worn out after walking through a 175,000 sq. ft. house! HaHa! We finally got ourselves together and decided it was time to go. Just outside the entrance to the Biltmore was the fanciest McDonald's we have ever seen...guess they have to keep up to par since they are right across from it. :) Anyways...we went it and enjoyed a late lunch/early dinner by the stone fireplace and listened to the grand piano that played music and were even able to jump on the internet for a little bit! :) Then...we headed back home to real life! :) Seriously though...we DID miss our kids even though we were only away for 1 night. So that's it...a short little bit about my 34th B-day. Love, Wendy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trisomy 13 - Dignity and Grace in Life and Death

Thanksgiving at Dollywood